Monday, November 21, 2011

Can you substitute milk for water in a cake recipe????

Really depends on what you are making. If it is only a partial substitution i.e. you add water diluted milk, then I would generally say yes. A full substitution would really have me wondering. For the recipes I use for ginger bread and muffins, then yes, it is fine, but for some of the more complicated recipes, you could end up in trouble.


If you have the time, resources and enjoy baking, then I would try it once, see how it goes and then make a decision from there.


Other than that I would scour the net for an alternate recipe for whatever it is that you want to make with different ingredients.Can you substitute milk for water in a cake recipe????
no . lolCan you substitute milk for water in a cake recipe????
Yes,I never use milk in my cake recipes.....
If you're allergic to milk/dairy products or have an intolerance to lactose, then yes you can subsitute milk for water.
yes, I do that every time!
Yes I always do, and everyone loves the out come. I don't understand why everyone is saying no. I ALWAYS use milk instead of water in my cake. And they turn out beautiful.
u don't have the guts. i dare u. mwahahaha
No. No. No...


Big flop if you do...


If you want to, rather use powdered milk or milk formula,but a cake needs eggs and milk of some sort and in some cases butter or margerine.


These are essential products.
Yes. They are just as delicious. Milk makes things a little less ';airy'; than water does...that's all. The difference won't be very noticable at all. I do it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment