Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If a cake frosting recipe calls for 1 stick of butter, can you use one stick of margarine instead?

It's OK if the frosting has other flavorings, like chocolate. If you're just making a plain vanilla frosting the margarine taste might come through. Try half and half.If a cake frosting recipe calls for 1 stick of butter, can you use one stick of margarine instead?
Yes...there will be a tiny bit of difference, but I like margarine better myself. I substitute all the time.If a cake frosting recipe calls for 1 stick of butter, can you use one stick of margarine instead?
ya, if you want to be eating plastic....margarine is only one molecule away from being plastic!!!
usually you can, they do the same thing. I wouldn't though, because it won't taste as good
yes you can, it just tastes a little bit better if you use unsalted butter.
I do it all the time. It is not as ';rich'; tasting, though. Just make sure the margarine is at room temperature.
Absolutely! There are some cookbooks or places on the internet that will give you substitutions for certain things recipes call for.


Like buttermilk, the subtitute is a tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of milk!
I go for richness in a frosting so I would have to have butter. I don't think margarine would produce the same quality.
Yup! Margarine is full of trans fat though. I stopped using it years ago.
yes, but butter will give it a better taste, is a tad creamier, and is certainly better for you than margarine.





Just my opinion though, and I could be wrong....
Yes you can, the only difference is one has more fat than the other, But it really would not make any difference Margarine is made from a vegetable oil.
sure yes you can xx
yes u can.
You think that is healthier? Margarine is hydrogenated trans fat. More deadly than butter.
Sure. I won't taste as good and stranger consistency (mouthwise) than butter since it's melting temperature is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment