Saturday, August 21, 2010

Whats a good alcohol to add to a crab cake recipe?

Again my answer is: Jack Daniels!!!!Whats a good alcohol to add to a crab cake recipe?
IMO, alchohol would be nasty in crab cakes.Whats a good alcohol to add to a crab cake recipe?
Crab cakes can be fried (and should be fried) in oil or butter. To keep them warm and perhaps finish cooking them through you can use a little white wine but not much in the bottom of a baking pan.





Sherry is used with crab imperial.





Other than that, skip the alcohol for cooking and have them with some beer.
Grande Marnier sounds like it would be a good experimental liquor with crab cakes. Sort of adding that island tropical flair to a tasty sea creature. I don't know if I would add it, or just brush it on, might try both.





Beer would be my second choice.
Perhaps vodka or a good sherry.
I'd pick a white wine.
I've never tried adding alcohol to crabcake mix. I've dipped my crabcakes in a delicious tequilla lime sauce I have, but it really overpowers the taste of the crab. I would let it be.
cognac
Beer (MGD or other pale beer), Sherry, White Wine or White Zinfandel or Sparkling Pink Wine, basically you want to go light and semi sweet. Good Luck!
beer in the batter
You don't want to waste fresh crab by over powering it with a strong tasting liquor. I like the previously mentioned ideas of white white or beer. They won't distract from the flavor of the crab.
Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment