Monday, August 23, 2010

I was making a rose almond pound cake recipe from the internet..and..?

halfway thru I realized I didn't have any almond extract (and had to go to the store) and also it didn't have any leavening in it...Can it still turn out good with baking powder or baking soda or yeast? Guess I will find out soon..I was making a rose almond pound cake recipe from the internet..and..?
Real pound cakes don't contain chemical leaveners, they are leavened by the air that's beaten into the eggs and the steam produced from the butter.I was making a rose almond pound cake recipe from the internet..and..?
Those are the only substitutes that I can think of. Should be OK but, let us know if it turns out so if I need to use one of these substitutes. Sounds positively yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment