Monday, August 23, 2010

I need to make a basketball cake. The recipe calls for terra cotta colored icing. How do I get terra cotta?

I'd slowly mix brown with orange...adding more of each until you get the right shade.I need to make a basketball cake. The recipe calls for terra cotta colored icing. How do I get terra cotta?
Barney says, ';When you hug brown and orange you get terra cotta.';


Just kidding. But, seriously a basketball cake would look fine if it was brown or orange.I need to make a basketball cake. The recipe calls for terra cotta colored icing. How do I get terra cotta?
by trial and error.... take a small portion of icing and mix in red and yellow food color...then stir in a tiny bit of cocoa powders to ';brown'; it up a little.... when you get the color you like, go ahead and color the rest. you can also go to a cake decorating store/department and buy the color..... you can use licorice strips to make the lines and stuff.... or go to wilton.com
Start with white icing and add red and yellow food coloring until it looks like the same color as a basketball.
I have made many basket ball cakes and none of them called for that color. I always use orange and black. I go to my print shop and print me off a basket ball cut it out and lay it on the cake I trace it then fill it in with stars and outline in black.





Walmart sells a color wheel in the craft section for like a $1. maybe that color is on there if so it will tell you what primary colors to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment