Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Does anyone have a recipe for cake frosting that is not sickening sweet?

I am taking a cake decorating course and the recipe our instructor gave us is basically crisco shortening, vanilla, powdered sugar and water. I love the class but hate the frosting, it is just way too sweet! I am looking for a recipe that I can use to frost and decorate the cakes with. Thanks !Does anyone have a recipe for cake frosting that is not sickening sweet?
cool whip! Here's a recipe for one:


http://www.geocities.com/webcipes/cake/c鈥?/a>Does anyone have a recipe for cake frosting that is not sickening sweet?
You can buy the whipped icing like they use in the stores %26amp; whip it yourself at home. The name brand is Rich's %26amp; you can buy it at Gordon's Food Service, in 1 quart cartons in the frozen food section.
I like light cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla. Or butter, vanilla, powdered sugar. You can add color or different flavoring other than vanilla.
I use 1 cup of powder sugar, 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of creme cheese. It is real good and not sickening sweet. If you want to cut that as well, add coconut or pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment