Monday, July 26, 2010

Butternut Rum Cake Recipe?

Does anyone have the recipe for butternut rum cake? It does not have rum in it, it is extracts. It is a sponge cake. My Mom use to make it for me over 20 years ago and I never got the recipe. Can anyone help, PLEASE!Butternut Rum Cake Recipe?
I dont have a recipe but I suggest checking www.cooks.com this website has thousands of recipes for ultimately anything.Butternut Rum Cake Recipe?
No, but my mom probably has it. She's from Butternut, Wisconsin....
Butternut Pound Cake


1 cup (2 sticks) butter


1 cup Crisco


3 cups granulated sugar


6 eggs


3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon baking powder


1 teaspoon salt


1 cup buttermilk


1 teaspoon butternut flavoring





Beat butter and Crisco well. Add sugar and continue to cream. Add eggs, one at a time and continue to mix. Add flour, baking powder and salt alternately with buttermilk and flavoring. Begin with dry ingredients and end with dry ingredients. Bake in a greased and floured tube pan for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees F.





Frost with your favorite frosting.
go to foodnetwork.com..they have loads of recipes and its free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment